The Child Protection Department of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has organized and implemented a series of parenting skill sessions in Razi town of Karukh district in Herat province, aimed at promoting positive discipline and reducing harsh or violent practices in households. The sessions, which are gender-disaggregated, focus on providing caregivers with the necessary skills to manage stress, improve parent-child interaction, and support children's cognitive socio-emotional learning (SEL).
The IRC's Family Make Difference (FMD) parenting skills program organized by the IRC has been implemented in all targeted Safe Healing and Learning Spaces (SHLS) to promote positive parenting practices. The program provides caregivers with techniques to support their child's and adolescent's psychosocial well-being.
The positive discipline techniques learned in the sessions have helped caregivers to better manage their children's behavior and reduce the use of harsh or violent practices. As a result, parenting skill sessions have been well-received by caregivers who have reported improvements in their relationship with their children.
The IRC's FMD parenting skills program is part of the organization's efforts to promote child protection and well-being in communities affected by conflict and displacement. The program is aimed at building the capacity of caregivers to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children, which is essential for their healthy development.
Accessibility and Additional Information
Qualified individuals and families who need the aforementioned services in Karukh district of Herat province can contact the staff of the IRC. People in need can go to the field office of the International Rescue Committee in this province and ask for help. Also, contact the Information Center by phone and ask their questions regarding these services. The office address, days and working hours of this office are given below:
International Rescue Committee Address: House #24 - Infront of Ferdosi 23, Jada-e-Mokhberat, District 3, Herat.
Service time: every week from Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm.
Information Center: People who need humanitarian services can ask via the "Beporsed" website, WhatsApp number (0729807235) or the Facebook Messenger of this online platform to get information and answers to their questions. The "Bepbersed" team provides information online to those in need of humanitarian services of international organizations and, if necessary, refers the needy to the relevant departments to receive and access the services.
· An appointment is required to provide and discover this service;
· This service is officially closed on holidays;
· The services are completely free;
· The place or building where this service is provided has suitable facilities and is accessible to all clients;
· The building does not have an elevator to move clients, but the employees are ready to help you in this office;
· People who do not have the ability to hear and speak, are informed and understood in sign language;
· In addition to men, there are also female employees as part of the team to serve you;
· The men's and women's restrooms are separate and accessible to all clients;
· These services are provided in Pashto, Dari, and English languages.
Note: To know the exact location of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) office on Google Maps, click on the following address:
House #24 - Infront of Ferdosi 23, Jada-e-Mokhberat, District 3, Herat