The Norwegian Refugee Council's (NRC) Information, Counseling, and Legal Assistance (ICLA) program is making strides in providing crucial support to individuals seeking assistance with accessing and claiming their legal rights. The program offers a range of services such as information sessions, counseling, and legal representation, with a primary focus on four key areas: legal identity and civil documentation, housing, land, and property (HLP) rights, access to benefits, and employment law rights.
The ICLA program provides individuals with detailed information on their legal rights through informative group sessions. These sessions cover topics such as obtaining legal identification (ID) and civil documentation. By equipping participants with this knowledge, the ICLA program enables them to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions to claim their rights.
In addition, the ICLA program offers one-time, individual counseling sessions to support individuals in resolving problems or asserting their rights independently. During these counseling sessions, highly trained professionals work closely with individuals, offering personalized guidance and advice tailored to their specific needs. The aim is to equip individuals with the necessary tools and confidence to handle legal challenges on their own.
Accessibility and Additional Information
Qualified individuals and families who need the aforementioned services in Oruzgan Province can contact the staff of the NRC. People in need can go to the Norwegian Refugee Council field office in this province and ask for help. Also, contact the Information Center by phone and ask their questions regarding these services. The office address, days, and working hours of this office are given below:
Norwegian Refugee Council Address: Tereenkot City, Oruzgan Province, NRC Office
Service time: every week from Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.
Information Center: People who need humanitarian services can ask via the "Beporsed" website, WhatsApp number (0729807235) or Facebook Messenger of online platform to get information and answers to their questions. The "Bepbersed" team provides information online to those in need of humanitarian services of international organizations and, if necessary, refers the needy to the relevant departments to receive and access the services.
· An appointment is required to provide and discover this service which can be fixed by telephone;
· This service is officially closed on holidays;
· The services are completely free;
· The place or building where this service is provided has suitable facilities and is accessible to all clients;
· The building does not have an elevator to move clients, but the employees are ready to help you in this office;
· People who cannot hear and speak, are informed and understood in sign language;
· In addition to men, there are also female employees as part of the team to serve you;
· The men's and women's restrooms are separate and accessible to all clients;
· These services are provided in Pashto, Dari, and English languages.
Note: To know the exact location of the Norwegian Refugee Council's (NRC) office on Google Maps, click on the following address:
NRC Office, Tarinkot City, Oruzgan Province, Afganistan