International Rescue Committee's (IRC) Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) Department is providing essential protection services to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities that need protection. The department offers a range of services, including community empowerment, legal services, case management, protection monitoring, and psychosocial services.
The community empowerment activities involve conducting training for Community-Based Protection Committee(CBPC) members on protection issues and concerns assessment for IDPs and communities. The legal activities include legal counseling and awareness for individual and group members of IDPs and host communities regarding men, women, and child rights in Islam, access to civil documents in Afghanistan, and other legal issues.
The case management activities involve identifying cases from the fields in order to provide protection services through the PRoL department or refer them internally, externally, or to other service providers. The department also follows up on the cases.
The protection monitoring activities involve monitoring the community receiving services through IRC, especially the PRoL department, and conducting rapid protection assessments from of IDPs and host communities.
The IRC's PRoL Department is playing a vital role in providing essential protection services to IDPs and host communities in Afghanistan. Through its various programs, the department is empowering communities, providing legal assistance, managing cases, and monitoring the situation to ensure the safety and well-being of vulnerable populations.
Accessibility& Additional Information
Eligiblepeople (Adults) who need the mentioned services in Herat city,Herat province, can contact the employees of the IRC office in the province. Ifnecessary, people in need can go to the field office of the InternationalRescue Committee in this province or contact this organization by via InformationCenter and benefit from these services. The office address, days and workinghours of this office are given below:
ServiceTime: Everyweek from Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm.
InternationalRescue Committee Address: House #24 - Infront ofFerdosi 23, Jada-e-Mokhberat, District 3, Herat.
InformationCenter:People who need humanitarian services can ask via WhatsAppnumber (0729807235) or FacebookMessenger ofthis online platform to get information and get answers to their questions. TheAsk team provides information online to those in need of humanitarian servicesof international organizations and, if necessary, refers the needy to therelevant departments to receive and access the services.
· An appointment is required to provide anddiscover this service;
· This service is officially closed on holidays;
· The services are completely free;
· The place or building where this service isprovided has suitable facilities and is accessible to all clients;
· The builing does not have a elevator to moveclients, but the employees are ready to help you in this office;
· People who do not have the ability to hear andspeak, are informed and understood in sign language;
· In addition to men, there are also femaleemployees as part of the team to serve you;
· The men's and women's restrooms are separateand accessible to all clients;
· These services are provided in Pashto, Dari,and English languages.
Note:Toknow the exact location of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) office onGoogle Maps, click on the this address.