The International Rescue Committee (IRC) has been providing assistance to vulnerable communities through its various programs. IRC provides cash support for agriculture and livestock inputs, along with technical training on land management, cultivation, harvesting, post-harvesting, marketing, market linkages, basic business skills, climate-smart agriculture, and modern farming techniques.
In addition to this, IRC provides cash grants for small community work supervised by IRC or its partners. These tasks include cleaning irrigation, canal rehabilitation, protection wall construction, and other similar activities. The organization also supports women in starting their own small businesses by providing business skills training and a small cash grant after the training.
IRC provides unconditional cash support to extremely vulnerable households to buy essential goods and services according to their own needs and priorities for the family's well-being. The organization also provides cash grants to individuals considered at high risk or survivors of protection incidents to allow them to pay for urgent services and goods needed for their survival, protection, and well-being. IRC's services aim to provide assistance to individuals and communities in need, empowering them to improve their lives and livelihoods.
Accessibility& Additional Information
Eligibleeople who need the mentioned services in Jalalabad city, Nangarhar province,can contact the volunteers or employees of the IRC office. If necessary, peoplein need can go to the field office of the International Rescue Committee inthis province or contact this organization by phone and benefit from theseservices. The office address, days and working hours of this office are givenbelow:
ServiceTime: Everyweek from Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm.
InternationalRescue Committee Address: NangarharProvince, Jalalabad City, 2nd District, 2nd Road, Behind Miyamar High School,House No. 514, IRC Office.
InformationCenter:People who need humanitarian services can ask via WhatsAppnumber (0729807235) or FacebookMessenger ofthis online platform to get information and get answers to their questions. TheAsk team provides information online to those in need of humanitarian servicesof international organizations and, if necessary, refers the needy to therelevant departments to receive and access the services.
· An appointment is required to provide anddiscover this service;
· This service is officially closed on holidays;
· The services are completely free;
· The place or building where this service isprovided has suitable facilities and is accessible to all clients;
· The builing does not have a elevator to moveclients, but the employees are ready to help you in this office;
· People who do not have the ability to hear andspeak, are informed and understood in sign language;
· In addition to men, there are also femaleemployees as part of the team to serve you;
· The men's and women's restrooms are separateand accessible to all clients; and
· These services are provided in Pashto, Dari,and English languages.
Note: To know the exactlocation of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) office on Google Maps, click on the this address .