The Emergency Response department provides cash for those clients who do not have the facility to provide warm space for children and other family members during winter.
These services and aid are in the form of cash, which is provided to internally displaced people, returnees, people affected by conflicts, victims of accidents, and those who do not have the means to provide a warm environment for children and other family members in winter.
Accessibility and Additional Information
The client should submit an official petition to DoRR based on his/her concerns, then the DoRR submitting his/her petition to OCHA provincial officials. The officials of OCHA conduct different coordination meetings with all relevant NGOs to provide services based on their concerns pointed out in the petition.
The ER department provides services for two different categories which are listed down:
1. Internal Displaced Persons (IDP)
· Natural Disaster IDP
· Conflict IDP
· Documented Returnee who has the documents of Citizenship where they lived.
· Undocumented Returnee who does not have any documents of the place where they lived.
Meanwhile, the ER department provides Winterization cash for all above categories who do not have facility to create a warm environment for children and other family members during the winter.
Eligibility for services Criteria of Returnee
The ER department has different criteria for providing them required services for example, there are two types of Returnees which ER department response them, first is documented Returnee who have the documents of citizenship where they lived and the second one is undocumented Returnee who do not have any documents of the place where they lived.
Criteria of IDPs
ER department provide services for those who displaced due to Natural Disasters and Conflict issues.
Note: The ER department also provide Winterization cash for all abovecategorized people who are not able to provide warm place for the children and other family members during winter.
Address: Nangarhar Province, Behsud District, Near to Banaghar Bazar Behsud, Chahr Misra Villege.
Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday open from 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM. Calling hours: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
The service is closed on Friday, Saturday, and public holidays.
Information Center: People who need humanitarian services can ask via WhatsApp number (0729807235) or Facebook Messenger of this online platform to get information and get answers to their questions. The Ask team provides information online to those in need of humanitarian services of international organizations and, if necessary, refers the needy to the relevant departments to receive and access the services.
• An appointment is required to provide and discover this service;
• This service is officially closed on holidays;
• The services are completely free;
• The place or building where this service is provided has suitable facilities and is accessible to all clients;
• The builing does not have a elevator to move clients, but the employees are ready to help you in this office;
• People who do not have the ability to hear and speak, are informed and understood in sign language;
• In addition to men, there are also female employees as part of the team to serve you;
• The men's and women's restrooms are separate and accessible to all clients;
• These services are provided in Pashto, Dari, and English languages.
Note: To know the exact location of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) office on Google Maps, click on the following address:
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: +93729080148