Updated at: 2022/05/17
Health Promotion awareness at the Community level, Delivery of Primary Health Care Services through MHT (Mobile Health Team) and static HFs (Health Facility) and Maintaining IPC (Inspection and Prevention Control) Standard at the HF level.
Short Description of the Service:
- Disseminating health promotion messages at the household level.
- Conducting IPC (Inspection and Prevention Control) training for HCWs, distributing PPE and hygiene materials, conducting IPC mentorship at the health facility level recruiting COVID screeners to isolate COVID suspected cases.
- Providing Primary health care services through MHT and static health facilities.
Detailed Information of Service:
- Disseminating of health promotion messages such as (ANC (Ante Natal Care), PNC (Post Natal Care), IYCF (Infant and Young Child Feeding), Brest feeding, Malnutrition, hygiene, WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) and Covid-19) in target communities through house-to-house visits, IRC conducts house to house visit in 975 communities in 10 target provinces.
- To maintain IPC (Inspection and Prevention Control) standard at the health facilities level, IRC to conduct IPC (Inspection and Prevention Control) mentorship in 66 selected health facilities in 10 targeted provinces, besides, IRC is conducting 3 days of IPC (Inspection and Prevention Control) training for the health clinical staff of targeted health facilities. in addition, IRC is distributing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and hygiene material in selected health facilities. to isolate covid suspected cases, IRC recruited 2 screeners (male and female) at the health facilities level. their main responsibilities are to check the temperature of all clients coming to health facilities.
- IRC will establish 30 MHTs and 4 static in the target province under a different grant, and primary health care services will be provided to marginalized populations of each province. IRC will provide all medical and non-medical needs of all those health facilities:
- City / Town / Village
- IRC-Health department working about 975 communities, 31 MHTs (Mobile Health Team) and 66 HF, (Health Facility) and 5 Static HFin (Health Facility) in 10 provinces of Afghanistan
- This service is closed on public holidays: Yes
- Is an appointment required: No
- How should an appointment be made:
Regarding house to house visits they don’t need to do any things as the team will come to their house including male and female but for MHT they have to know regarding the specified side location where MHT will camp up.
- Eligibility for services: Yes
All including women of reproductive age and children under five will be prioritized, they have check-in prior regarding the schedule of house-to-house visits and Mobile health team to their area in targeted provinces and communities.
- Are services available by referral only? No
- Is anyone on your team able to communicate in sign language: Yes
Contact and Information of the Service:
There isn’t any office for MHT services, but the exact location will be selected in close consultation with community elders and CDC, they have known in advance regarding the visit schedule for each site so that they can contact their community elders in this regard in advance.
- Accessible for all persons: Yes
- Elevator: No
- Female staff: Yes
- Separate and accessible toilets/bathrooms/handwashing for men and women: Yes
- All services listed are free of charge: Yes
- Monday: 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
- Tuesday: 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
- Wednesday: 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
- Thursday: 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
- Sunday: 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
- Saturday and Friday: Closed