Updated at: 2022/04/05
Short Description of the Service
Cash Assistance for Economic Wellbeing, basic needs, protection and other emergencies needs.
Detailed Information of Service
IRC provides a wide range of different kind of assistance, depending on funding availability and project duration.
If you want to find out how to participate to the projects and how you can be involved, please contact the IRC closest to you.
Frequently implemented activities include the following:
- Support in cash for agriculture and livestock inputs including a full package of technical training: land management, cultivation, harvesting, post-harvesting and marketing, market linkages, basic business skills, climate smart agriculture and modern farming techniques.
- Cash for work activities: cash given on condition to contribute to small community work supervised by IRC or its partners, work include tasks such cleaning of irrigation, canal rehabilitation, protection wall etc..
- Cash grant for business start-up: women supported to start their own small business with business skills training for their improvement, after the training each woman will receive a small cash grant.
- Cash for basic needs: provision of unconditional cash to extremely vulnerable households to buy needed goods and services according to their own needs and priorities for the family wellbeing.
- Cash for protection: cash given to individual persons considered at high risk or survivors of protection incidents to allow them to pay for urgent services and goods needed for their survival, protection and wellbeing.
Languages spoken English Dari Pashto
Address House #24 - Infront of Ferdosi 23 - Jada-e-Mokhberat - District 4
Website : https://www.rescue-uk.org/
Opening Hours 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Please note : Office time will be shorter during Ramadan month from early April to early May 2022
Accessibility & Additional Information
- This service is closed on public holidays? YES
- Is an appointment required? NO
- Eligibility for services YES - Livelihoods vulnerability, loss of assets, displacement status, number of dependent households members (children/elders/sick people/PWD), number of pregnant and lactating women and children under 5 years old
- Are services available by referral only? YES - Cash for Protection
- The entrance to this location is accessible for all persons NO
- This location has female staff YES
- This location has separate and accessible toilets/bathrooms/handwashing for men and women NO
All services listed are free of charge YES