Students, scholars or researchers who intend to study in Iran may be eligible for a study visa. Iran is home to many religious institutions and universities that offer programs in Islamic studies, theology and related fields. To get a study visa, you must meet certain conditions and follow the application process. "Ask" in this article will review the process of obtaining study visas for students and students in Iran.
Who is Eligible For A Student Visa?
In general, people who want to continue their education in the Islamic Republic of Iran are eligible for this visa category. The three types of students included in this visa are:
- Students of religious schools;
- Students; and
- Having the status of researchers, students and students;
- completing the visa application form;
- Receiving academic acceptance from the Ministry of Science, Education and Culture or approved scientific centers; And
- Completion of information related to the application.
General conditions of students
- The candidate should not have any legal obstacles to continue his education.
- The eligibility of the candidate must be confirmed by the representative of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the country of his residence.
- A valid certificate of physical and mental health that has been approved by the representative of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the country where the candidate resides.
To get a student visa, you must provide the following documents:
- completing the online visa application form;
- Passport, valid for at least six months;
- Two pieces of photos;
- Acceptance letter from a recognized university or educational center;
- providing approved educational records;
- Letter of financial support (bank account financial report); And
- Visa fee receipt: This fee is $50 for bachelor's degree candidates, $60 for master's degree and $70 for doctoral degree.
How to apply?
Currently, the application for all types of Iran visas can be applied in person and online, but Afghan nationals cannot obtain their visas online. If Afghan applicants want to apply in person, they should go to one of the representative offices and embassies of the Islamic Republic of Iran in their country of residence and submit an application.
The First Step: Filling Out The Requested Online Form
Applicants can apply online. To apply online for an Iran student visa, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran;
- Look for the section on visa services or consular affairs;
- Like above the request link;
- Prepare the necessary documents, which may include a valid passport, acceptance letter from an Iranian educational institution, proof of financial means, and a completed visa application form. Upload the scanned or photographed documents according to the instructions.
- Scan or take pictures of your documents in the required format and size, refer to this link for more information.
- Fill in the online visa application form with accurate and updated information.
- Pay the visa application fee, if applicable, using the provided online payment method.
- Recheck all the information provided and submit your request.
- After submitting your application, you may receive a confirmation email with a reference number. Keep this number for future reference.
Please note that visa application processes and requirements may vary, so it is important to visit the official website of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or contact the Iranian embassy or consulate in your country for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
The Second Step: Going For An Interview
If your visa application is approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, you may receive a confirmation email with a reference number. This number will help you follow up on your visa application.
As we mentioned above, after registering the visa application in the online system, Afghan nationals must deliver their documents to one of the embassies or consulates of Iran. Currently, this system is active in the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Kabul and the Consulates General of Iran in the cities of Mazar-e-Sharif, Herat, Kandahar and Jalalabad.
- Afghan citizens who have received their passports from the cities of Balkh, Kunduz, Samangan, Jawzjan, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Takhar, Sarpol and Faryab, should refer to the Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Mazar-e-Sharif.
- Afghan citizens who have received their passports from the cities of Zabul, Helmand, Uruzgan, Nimroz, Daikundi and Ghazni, should refer to the Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Kandahar.
- Afghan citizens who have received their passports from the cities of Badghis, Ghor and Farah, should refer to the consulate of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Herat.
- Afghan citizens who have received their passports from the cities of Laghman, Nangarhar and Kunar, should refer to the consulate of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Jalalabad.
- Afghans who have received their passports outside of Afghanistan and people who have electronic passports should choose the city where they will receive their visa from among the cities of Kabul, Mazar-e-Sharif, Kandahar, Jalalabad and Herat.
Ask for help from "Beporsed"
For those Afghans seeking specific information, "Beporsed" is here to help. You can reach our information center through WhatsApp (+93729807235), Facebook Messenger, or our website's Messenger to ask our online information desk officer for assistance.
For more information
For more information on immigration, resettlement, education and scholarship programs, and other opportunities available to Afghans worldwide, as well as details on the humanitarian services provided by international organizations in Afghanistan and procedures for obtaining civil documents from governmental institutions, please visit Beporsed's website and social media pages.