A business visa is required for people who intend to do business in Iran. The process of obtaining an Iranian business visa can be complicated and time-consuming. The applicant must have a sponsor in Iran to apply for the visa on his behalf. The sponsor must be a company or organization registered in Iran. Also, the applicant must submit the invitation from the financial sponsor along with other required documents such as a valid passport, passport photo and documents related to travel arrangements. "Beporsed" in this article will have an overview of the business visa process of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Who is Eligible For A Business Visa?
If a person intends to travel to Iran for business and work, he must apply for a business visa. This type of visa is known as Iran corporate visa or Iran business visa. Iran business visa is recommended for people who plan to get a multiple-entry visa.
If Afghan nationals intend to do business with Iranian people, they can use Iran's business visa. Registered Iranian companies and those who have an Iranian business card can directly apply for a business visa for foreign nationals through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran. In general, the host of people for Iran business visa must be the managing director of the company or the organization inviting the foreign national.
To get a business visa, you must bring the following documents:
- To apply for a business visa, it is necessary to have an invitation from a business partner (real or legal entity);
- Two new 3x4 biometric photos. The photo must be full face, without hat, dark glasses and written on the back.
- Original valid passport of the applicant (passport must be valid for at least six months.)
- Completing the host specification form;
- Completing the guest profile form;
- Company's application letter with letterhead, seal and official signature of the CEO of the company requesting the issuance of a multi-travel visa to Iran from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and stating the reason for inviting him;
- Official newspaper with the latest changes of the company;
- Color and transparent image of the first page of the passport; And
- Image of host's national card (both sides of the card).
How to apply?
Currently, the application for all types of Iran visas can be applied in person and online, but Afghan nationals cannot obtain their visas online. If Afghan applicants want to apply in person, they should go to one of the representative offices and embassies of the Islamic Republic of Iran in their country of residence and submit an application.
The First Step: Filling Out The Requested Online Form
Applicants can apply online. To apply online for an Iran business visa, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran;
- Look for the section on visa services or consular affairs;
- Like above the request link;
- Prepare the necessary documents, which may include a valid passport, acceptance letter from an Iranian educational institution, proof of financial means, and a completed visa application form. Upload the scanned or photographed documents according to the instructions.
- Scan or take pictures of your documents in the required format and size, refer to this link for more information.
- Fill in the online visa application form with accurate and updated information.
- Pay the visa application fee, if applicable, using the provided online payment method.
- Recheck all the information provided and submit your request.
- After submitting your application, you may receive a confirmation email with a reference number. Keep this number for future reference.
Please note that visa application processes and requirements may vary, so it is important to visit the official website of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or contact the Iranian embassy or consulate in your country for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
The Second Step: Going For An Interview
If your visa application is approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, you may receive a confirmation email with a reference number. This number will help you follow up on your visa application.
As we mentioned above, after registering the visa application in the online system, Afghan nationals must deliver their documents to one of the embassies or consulates of Iran. Currently, this system is active in the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Kabul and the Consulates General of Iran in the cities of Mazar-e-Sharif, Herat, Kandahar and Jalalabad.
- Afghan citizens who have received their passports from the cities of Balkh, Kunduz, Samangan, Jawzjan, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Takhar, Sarpol and Faryab, should refer to the Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Mazar-e-Sharif.
- Afghan citizens who have received their passports from the cities of Zabul, Helmand, Uruzgan, Nimroz, Daikundi and Ghazni, should refer to the Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Kandahar.
- Afghan citizens who have received their passports from the cities of Badghis, Ghor and Farah, should refer to the consulate of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Herat.
- Afghan citizens who have received their passports from the cities of Laghman, Nangarhar and Kunar, should refer to the consulate of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Jalalabad.
- Afghans who have received their passports outside of Afghanistan and people who have electronic passports should choose the city where they will receive their visa from among the cities of Kabul, Mazar-e-Sharif, Kandahar, Jalalabad and Herat.
Ask for help from "Beporsed"
For those Afghans seeking specific information, "Beporsed" is here to help. You can reach our information center through WhatsApp (+93729807235), Facebook Messenger, or our website's Messenger to ask our online information desk officer for assistance.
For more information
For more information on immigration, resettlement, education and scholarship programs, and other opportunities available to Afghans worldwide, as well as details on the humanitarian services provided by international organizations in Afghanistan and procedures for obtaining civil documents from governmental institutions, please visit Beporsed's website and social media pages.