A visa is an important document for people who want to travel abroad for various purposes including tourism. A tourist visa is specifically intended for people who need it to travel and visit family members in a foreign country. These visas are issued to ordinary people who travel outside Afghanistan for personal purposes. "Beporsed" in this short article provides guidance on obtaining and receiving a Pakistan tourist visa.
Type of Application
There are two types of tourist visas that applicants can apply for according to their needs, including normal tourist visas and mountain climbing tourist visas. Applicants can apply for both visas online.
Normal Tourist and Visit Visa
Short-term tourist visa (entry): If you do not have a valid Pakistan visa, you can apply for a new visa.
Long Term (Extension): Applicants can extend the entry visa the Government of Pakistan issued for tourism purposes.
Mountain Climbing Tourist Visa
Pakistan is considered one of the most popular destinations for mountain climbing tours around the world. Under the "Mountaineering & Trekking" section, all foreigners can apply for a visa who wish to do tourism in Pakistan.
You can apply for a first (new) single-entry visa under the following categories:
- Mountaineering: the list of mountains for which a visa can be applied can be seen here.
- Hiking and sightseeing: the list of trips for which a visa can be applied can be seen here.
Please note that in your request, in the purpose of visit section, mention the mountains in this list that you intend to climb and visit. Also, This type of tourist visa has separate guidelines and procedures that can be obtained in this link.
The eligibility criteria for a Pakistan tourist visa are as follows:
- All people who want to travel to Pakistan for sightseeing and meetings are eligible.
- Individuals and nationals of Afghanistan and other countries listed on the Pakistan tourist visa website are eligible for a Pakistan tourist visa.
It is important to note that there may be additional requirements and documents to apply for a Pakistan tourist visa, which you can find on the official website.
- Passport personal details page address
- Reserve Hotel details (except for exceptional cases, not required for Afghans)
Duration and validity
- Single entry visa for a short period of less than 3 months (first-time entry).
- Duration of maximum and more than 6 months (extension).
- Citizens of these countries may be eligible for a double-entry tourist visa.
- Tourist visas can be extended for up to 6 months or more, subject to approval.
How To Apply
After preparing the documents, you can submit your application online. If you think you are ready to start applying, go ahead and follow the steps below:
- Click the Apply Now button to start your Pakistan Visa online application.
- Create a new account for yourself.
- Login into the Pakistan online visa system.
- complete your visa application.
- Pay the visa fee online by credit/debit card.
- Review your application to make sure there are no errors. And
- Submit your request
Note: Apart from their application, Afghans can also apply for a tourist visa through tourism companies. You can request a visa for yourself by paying a special fee to receive any type of visa through these companies. These companies obtain the visa you need in a short time with a special fee from the applicant.
Pakistan Tourist Visa Processing Time
However, issuing visas is the authority of the Pakistani government, and this country decides how long it will take to process the applicant's visa. But the total processing time is mentioned below:
- Entry visa (up to 3 months) in 7-10 days (working days)
- Visa extension (up to 6 months) in 7-10 days (working days)
- Visa Extension (more than 6 months) in 4 weeks (working days)
- 4 weeks (working days – for first entry/visa extension) (for Afghanistan and Somalia passport holders)
Note: If the application is resubmitted to the applicant for reconsideration, the processing time set will be reapplied (the processing time will restart from the date of resubmission of the application). If the applicant does not submit their application for reconsideration within seven (7) days from the date of submission of the application, the application will be canceled.
Ask for help from "Beporsed"
For those Afghans seeking specific information, "Beporsed" is here to help. You can reach our information center through WhatsApp (+93729807235), Facebook Messenger, or our website's Messenger to ask our online information desk officer for assistance.
For more information
For more information on immigration, resettlement, education and scholarship programs, and other opportunities available to Afghans worldwide, as well as details on the humanitarian services provided by international organizations in Afghanistan and procedures for obtaining civil documents from governmental institutions, please visit Beporsed's website and social media pages.