The British government has announced the 2024/25 Chevening Scholarships for students from around the world. Chevening is one of the scholarships in the UK that is awarded every year to a large number of applicants who intend to continue their studies in this country. These excellent scholarships are fully funded, and many benefits are given to students.
At the end of the study period in the UK, students are given a master's degree that is valid and accepted in all countries of the world.
Afghan students can use this opportunity to send their applications and study in the best universities in England. For the academic year 2024-2025, Chevening will only accept applications from Afghans who are residents of countries eligible for development assistance outside the UK, where Chevening operates other than Afghanistan.
The Chevening Scholarship is considered one of the best scholarships in the UK and around the world, which is intended to strengthen the future leaders and managers of the world, and a large number of interested applicants are attracted as students.
- Scholarship Name: Chevening
- Scholarship Application Start: September 12, 2023
- Application deadline: November 7 (deadline for Afghan applicants will be announced later)
- Location: United Kingdom
- Host universities: different universities in England
- Eligible countries: Afghanistan and other countries of the world
- Education level: Master's degree
- Form of financing: Fully funded
Why should I choose Britain to study?
In addition to the fact that students study at world-renowned universities in the UK, they benefit from many benefits in this country, some of which include:
- High-quality education using modern facilities and modern educational techniques.
- Shorter study courses tailored to the needs of students.
- a short distance from Afghanistan compared to American countries.
- The field of work in other European countries after graduating from British universities.
- Availability of document processing facilities in British embassies located in Afghanistan's neighboring countries.
- Providing the possibility of working while studying for students.
- The existence of top universities on a global and international scale.
- Providing educational documents with high credit and different from other countries in the world.
- Full coverage of educational expenses during these scholarships.
- The possibility of getting a work visa after graduation.
What expenses do Chevening scholarships cover?
- All registration fees, tuition fees, and receiving graduation documents from British universities.
- Accepting health expenses that are provided to students with an insurance card in most cases.
- covering the cost of tickets or plane tickets to enter the UK.
- Paying all student food and clothing costs monthly.
- Covering the cost of housing or renting a place to stay while studying in the UK.
- Full payment of expenses related to programs and conferences of these scholarships.
Who is eligible?
- People who have a bachelor's degree in the relevant field.
- The applicant is a citizen of a country other than the UK, which includes Afghan students.
- The applicant must return to his country no later than two years after completing his studies in the UK.
- have at least two years of work experience (2800 working hours).
- The applicant has already applied for three different courses at one or three different universities in the UK.
- have received at least one unconditional offer from one of the British universities no later than July 13, 2024.
- He has not used this scholarship before to study in the UK.
Degree and duration of study
Chevening scholarships in British universities are mostly for master's degrees, which cover one year from the beginning to the end of the study.
Academic fields and universities
All courses taught in British universities include this scholarship. Browse the list of the best fields of study for a master's degree in the UK on the Studying in UK website.
The field of study is available for students in all British universities. See the list of more than 100 top British universities in the study.eu website. For a list of study fields specifically under the Chevening program, click here.
- Chevening online request form
- Admission letter from one of the British universities.
- Unconditional offer letter from one of the universities of this country.
- The last academic document was translated into English.
- The last grade document (Transcript) is in English.
- Two copies of the recommendation letter.
- Knowledge of the English language, which is a score for IELTS (IELTS 6.5) and a score for TOEFL (TOEFL 79).
- Letter of commitment to return to your country.
- Motivation letter explaining the reason for studying in the relevant field in the UK.
- Necessary health documents based on the British government visa requirements.
- birth certificate.
- National ID card.
- and passport.
How to apply?
Applicants can submit their applications online through the electronic system. Eligible candidates can refer to Chevening's website or online application system (How to Apply) and fill out the relevant forms. For more information about applying for this scholarship, refer to this official link.
Registration start and end date
Those interested and eligible for these scholarships have time from September 12 to early November 2023 to send their applications to the British government for review and acceptance. Review the registration start and end schedule on Chevening's website.
Procedures for reviewing the application and announcing the result
- Providing a response in case of not meeting the conditions: The British government will respond to the applicants through the relevant account after the first to the end of November or during the month of December 2023. For more information about the rejection of this scholarship, refer to this official link.
- Shortlist of eligible candidates: In February 2024, the candidates who have met the requirements will be shortlisted.
- Initial interview with the candidates: During the month of February and possibly the next month of 2024, the shortlisted candidates will appear for the interview via video conference, and an interview will be conducted with each of the candidates separately. For more information about Chevening's interview, refer to this official link.
- Reference check: From February to April 2024, candidates who have been accepted for Chevening are requested to send all the necessary documents, including the presentation of two referees, to the British government for the next steps of their application. During this period, information is obtained from two referees in relation to the candidate, or a reference check is done. Refer to this official link for more information.
- Chevening's final interview at the British Embassy: Applicants are requested to go to the British Embassy in the relevant country or to the nearest political representation of this country for the final Chevening interview in the months of February and April 2024. In this interview, several relevant representatives of the British government will be present in person and online.
- Results: In June 2024, the list of successful and selected candidates for Chevening scholarships will be published by the British government, and the relevant candidates will be notified by email.
- Reviewing the schedule, interview announcement, and other steps on the Chevening website.
- Beginning of university courses: In September and October 2024, students are requested to refer to their classes at the relevant British universities. Of course, before that, students need to obtain a visa for this country through the British Visa Issuance Center.
It should be remembered that the British government provides necessary guidance to applicants, candidates, and students at all stages.
Ask for help from "Beporsed"
For those Afghans seeking specific information, "Beporsed" is here to help. You can reach our information center through WhatsApp (+93729807235), Facebook Messenger, or our website's Messenger to ask our online information desk officer for assistance.
For more information
For more information on immigration, resettlement, education and scholarship programs, and other opportunities available to Afghans worldwide, as well as details on the humanitarian services provided by international organizations in Afghanistan and procedures for obtaining civil documents from governmental institutions, please visit Beporsed's website and social media pages.