How can U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents reunite with relatives?

Last updated: 12/7/2023

شهروندان ایالات متحده یا دارندگان اقامت قانونی دایم چگونه مجدداً با اعضای خانواده شان می‌پیوندند؟-03.jpg

U.S. Citizens (USCs) and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs, or “green card holders”) can help certain relatives immigrate to the United States by filing a form known as the I-130 petition. This is a guide for USCs and LPRs who would like to file an I-130 for their relative.

The content of this guide is written by the International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) and is also available on IRAP's legal information website here. This website provides general information about legal processes available to some refugees. It is not meant as legal advice for individual applications. This information was revised in August 2023. Requirements may change. Always check for current requirements from the government or agency deciding your request.

"Beporsed" is privileged to publish this information with the explicit permission of IRAP, ensuring that Afghans seeking accurate and reliable guidance can access it conveniently.