Afghans with Paper-tazkira (ID Card) will have access to services that will resolve and simplify their civic needs to a large extent, needs such as education, health, passport, marriage certificate, inheritance letter, marriage certificate, work permit, driving permit, travel permit, Pensions, voting, insurance, employment, and other services.
How to obtain a Paper-tazkira in Badghis province?
The applicant goes through the following steps to obtain a Paper-tazkira:
Step 1: Application form
- The applicant obtains the application form for a Paper-tazkira from the website of the National Statistics and Information Authority (nsia.gov.af) or the civil registration offices in the districts of Badghis province and submits it to relevant civil registration offices.
- The information form is based on the information on the birth certificate and other valid documents.
Step 2: Providing the required documents
- Required documents for registration and application of Paper-tazkira are a photo size 4x3 with a white background, a copy of the Tazkira of one of the relatives, such as father, grandfather, brother, sister, or uncle, two witnesses with photos, and copies of their Tazkira; and confirmation provided by the local council (Shura Mahal).
Step 3: Referral to the Civil Registration Office
- After completing the application form and providing the required documents, the applicant will visit the relevant civil registration office in the relevant district.
- District applicants should refer to the civil registration offices affiliated with the Directorate of Statistics and Information in Badghis Province.
- The relevant department then receives the application and the necessary documents, and the applicant then goes through the steps and pays a 200 AFN fee for the Paper-tazkira.
- The relevant office provides the applicant with a receipt, including a return date.
Step 4: Receiving the Paper-tazkira
- The relevant officer of the civil registration office records the applicant's information in three copies of the backup data book (Ketab Asas) based on the Tazkira.
- After further proceedings, the relevant officer signs, stamps, and fills some sections of the Paper-tazkira.
- At the specified time, the applicant will visit the relevant civil registration office in Badghis province and receive the Paper-tazkira after presenting the receipt.
Translating the Paper-tazkira
- The Paper-tazkira is issued in the national languages, which is usable inside the country, but to use the Paper-tazkira outside of the country, it needs to be translated into English or any other language and then verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The applicant will present the Paper-tazkira to one of the official translation agencies in Herat province to have it translated into the specific language and then take it to the Government Affairs Office in Herat to verify the official translation of the Paper-tazkira.
- The Government Affairs Office in Herat will pay a bank tariff to the applicant. The person will submit a fee of 200 AFN to confirm the Paper-tazkira to the Bank of Afghanistan. A copy of the original bank receipt will be presented to the Government Affairs Office.
- Then both copies of the national language and translated Paper-tazkira will be submitted to the representative office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Herat Province.
- The representative office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Herat will issue a bank slip to the applicant, and the said person will hand over 200 Afghani fees to the Afghanistan Bank representative and present the bank receipt to the representative office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Herat.
- The representative office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Herat approves both copies of the paper ID card and submits it to the applicant again
Reobtaining (Musana) the Paper-tazkira
- First, the applicant fills out the paper-tazkira reobtaining form.
- Documents required for registration and application: missing Paper-tazkira, radio announcement document, two photos size 4x3 with white background, copy of missing Paper-tazkira, two witnesses with photos, copy of their Paper-tazkira and confirmation of local council, documents required for registration are Name of the applicant, destroyed Paper-tazkira, two photos of size 4x3, with white background, the original destroyed Paper-tazkira, two witnesses with their photos, copies of their Paper-tazkira, and the verification is at local council (Shura Mahal).
- After completing the application form and providing the required documents, the applicants will visit the civil registration office in the center or district of Badghis province. After completing the application process, they will receive their Paper-tazkira.
Qalai Naw City, First District, Eidgah Place, Directorate of Statistics and Information, Department of Civil Registration.
Offices of Civil Registration at the district level of Badghis province
Ask for help from "Beporsed"
For those Afghans seeking specific information, "Beporsed" is here to help. You can reach our information center through WhatsApp (+93729807235), Facebook Messenger, or our website's Messenger to ask our online information desk officer for assistance.
For more information
For more information on immigration, resettlement, education and scholarship programs, and other opportunities available to Afghans worldwide, as well as details on the humanitarian services provided by international organizations in Afghanistan and procedures for obtaining civil documents from governmental institutions, please visit Beporsed's website and social media pages.