Afghans with Paper-tazkira (ID Card) will have access to services that will resolve and simplify their civic needs to a large extent, needs such as education, health, passport, marriage certificate, inheritance letter, marriage certificate, work permit, driving permit, travel permit, Pensions, voting, insurance, employment, and other services.
How to obtain a Paper-tazkira in Kabul province?
The applicant goes through the following steps to obtain a Paper-tazkira:
Step 1: Application form
- The applicant obtains the application form for a Paper-tazkira from the website of the National Statistics and Information Authority (nsia.gov.af) or the civil registration offices in the districts of Kabul province and submits it to relevant civil registration offices.
- The information form is based on the information on the birth certificate and other valid documents.
Step 2: Providing the required documents
- Required documents for registration and application of Paper-tazkira are a photo size 4x3 with a white background, a copy of the tazkira of one of the relatives, such as father, grandfather, brother, sister, or uncle, two witnesses with photos, and copies of their tazkira; and a confirmation provided by the local council (Shura Mahal).
Step 3: Referral to the Civil Registration Office
- After completing the application form and providing the required documents, the applicant will visit the relevant civil registration office in the relevant district.
- District applicants should refer to the civil registration offices affiliated with the Directorate of Statistics and Information in Kabul Province.
- The relevant department then receives the application and the necessary documents, and the applicant then goes through the steps and pays a 200 AFN fee for the Paper-tazkira.
- The relevant office provides the applicant with a receipt including a return date.
Step 4: Receiving the Paper-tazkira
- The relevant officer of the civil registration office records the applicant's information in three copies of the backup data book (Ketab Asas) based on the tazkira.
- After further proceedings, the relevant officer signs, stamps, and fills some sections of the Paper-tazkira.
- At the specified time, the applicant will visit the relevant civil registration office in Kabul province and receive the Paper-tazkira after presenting the receipt.
Translating the Paper-tazkira
- The applicant will present the Paper-tazkira to one of the official translation agencies in Kabul province to translate it into a specific language, and then take it to the Government Affairs Office in Kabul province to confirm the authenticity of the translation and the reliability of the birth certificate.
- The Government Affairs Office in Kabul will provide a bank tariff to the applicant, and the applicant will submit a fee of 200 AFN to the Afghanistan Bank to confirm the birth certificate. A copy of the original bank receipt will be presented to the Government Affairs Office.
- Then both copies of the national language and the translated Paper-tazkira will be submitted to the Afghan Post office in one of the districts of Kabul province.
- The Afghan Post office will issue a bank tariff to the applicant, and the applicant will submit a Paper-tazkira confirmation fee of 200 AFN to the Afghanistan Bank and will submit the bank receipt to the Afghan Post office.
- The Afghan Post office will receive both copies of the Paper-tazkira and a receipt will be provided to the applicant with the return date for the applicant.
- The Paper-tazkira will be sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Afghan Post Office for approval and stamp.
- The applicant will visit the Afghan Post office on the appointed day and receive both copies of the birth certificate.
Reobtaining (Musana) the Paper-tazkira
- First the applicant fills out the paper-tazkira reobtaining form.
- Documents required for registration and application: missing Paper-tazkira, radio announcement document, two photos size 4x3 with white background, copy of missing Paper-tazkira, two witnesses with photos, copy of their Paper-tazkira and confirmation of local council, documents required for registration are Name of the applicant, destroyed Paper-tazkira, two photos of size 4x3, with white background, the original destroyed Paper-tazkira, two witnesses with their photos, copies of their Paper-tazkira, and the verification is at local council (Shura Mahal).
- After completing the application form and providing the required documents, the applicants will visit the civil registration office in the center or district of Kabul province. After completing the application process, they will receive their Paper-tazkira.
Note: Civil Registration Offices are active in all districts of Kabul and provide Paper-tazkira distribution services, but Paper-tazkira services have been stopped in Kabul and E-tazkira services will be provided instead.
Ask for help from "Beporsed"
For those Afghans seeking specific information, "Beporsed" is here to help. You can reach our information center through WhatsApp (+93729807235), Facebook Messenger, or our website's Messenger to ask our online information desk officer for assistance.
For more information
For more information on immigration, resettlement, education and scholarship programs, and other opportunities available to Afghans worldwide, as well as details on the humanitarian services provided by international organizations in Afghanistan and procedures for obtaining civil documents from governmental institutions, please visit Beporsed's website and social media pages.